Thursday, November 26, 2015

Wishing I was fishing

It's Thanksgiving Day.  Sugarbush opened for skiing for the season today, but I wouldn't ski if I could.

It's warm enough that I would go out fishing today, if I could.  But, instead I'm in a hospital bed.  It's hard to imagine I'll fish again before spring.  If anyone really wants to see why I'm in a hospital rather than fishing, the story is on my other blog.

Otherwise, I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving.  I hope my fishing friends get into some nice fish today.  While I will miss the usual time with family today, in some ways I'm glad for the relative calm of the hospital. There aren't many patients in the oncology ward, so things are kind of quiet.  The nurses are awesome.  And, I'm hopefully on my way to being healthy for trout season next spring.

As a long-time ski instructor, it's going to be a long, strange winter.  But, I have stuff to take care of for the next few months.  No complaints, just some shifted priorities.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  Tight Lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment