Monday, August 8, 2016

Not much to report

We don't have a lot of tailwaters in VT, and most of them are a long drive from my home.

I managed to fish a couple weeks ago near Rochester, VT, along Rt. 125, upstream of Texas Falls.  It was 66F up there.  I got a few very small wild brookies that day.  But, other than that day, I haven't been fishing.  Here are some recent water temperature readings:

White River - Main Branch - 76F
Locust Creek - 75F
Stony Creek - 72F
Barton River, near Glover - 71F
Black River in Irasburg - 75.5F

We need rain and we need cooler temperatures.  Until then, I either have to travel to fish or just do something else on the weekends.  I kind of doubt that my wife would support me getting a fishing boat to use on Lake Champlain, but it would sure be nice to have this summer.

On 4 of those waters listed above, I have never recorded a temperature above 70F before this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment