Friday, April 29, 2016

Quick Customer Support Update

Patagonia completely replaced my wading boots.  This is great for the short term, but what does it mean the next time the aluminum bars need to be replaced?  Even they couldn't replace the bars, or they found it easier to just send new boots.  I'm a huge fan of Patagonia, but I now have two pairs of top end boots, and I'm considering selling the Patagonia Foot Tractors, given that they are brand new in the box at the moment.  Having Simms's best boot and Patagonia's best boot is certainly overkill.

Also, Sage completely replaced the tip section on my rod.  I know they have a "repair first" policy, but I didn't see any way they could repair the break (just below the tip of the rod) and have it perform like it had before.  I was happy to see that they simply gave me a new tip section for the rod.

I keep reading about other fishermen doing well around the state.  Maybe I spend too much time reading Facebook posts from guides, but I know people are catching fish.  Just not me.  With the exception of the Dog River, which is never stocked, most of the waters I fish will change dramatically over the next couple weeks as the state puts more effort into stocking rivers.

So far, none of the rivers I fish regularly have been stocked, but it can happen anytime in May.

The forecast for this weekend looks great for tomorrow and not so good for Sunday.  Regretfully, I'm pretty busy tomorrow and free all day on Sunday.  I may try to sneak out tomorrow for a bit, but I'll probably end up fishing in the rain on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment